The Fundraising and Public Relations Committee is to:
- Create and maintain a culture of fundraising among volunteers, board, staff and friends in order to raise funds to support the agency.
- Establish long-term and annual fundraising targets and strategies.
- Establish Public Relations strategies with service clubs, corporations, municipalities and the larger community.
- Establish Fundraising Subcommittees as needed and ensure they are meeting their objectives
- Monitor the results of the Fundraising Subcommittee's activities.
- Develop and maintain fundraising skills of board, staff and volunteers
Fundraising and Public Relations Committee Functions
- To develop realistic long-term and short term fundraising goals, targets and budgets in conjunction with the Executive Director and Fundraising Coordinator.
- To establish the annual Fundraising and Public Relations plan based on goals to support the agency objectives; review and update when necessary.
- To monitor and measure the effectiveness of the Fundraising and Public Relations plan.
- To oversee and measure the effectiveness of Subcommittees.
- To review fundraising results on an annual basis and report to Board.
- To provide opportunities for board, staff, volunteers to develop their fundraising skills.
The Fundraising and Public Relations Committee will consist of Board members, staff and other volunteers as needed. The chair of the committee will be selected on a yearly basis at the September meeting.
Membership: At minimum 1 staff and 1 Board member. Other staff and/or volunteers as needed. Subcommittees may include Break Down the Barriers Campaign, Bonspiel, Donor Relations, Marketing/Communications, etc.,
Accountability: After each event a report will be submitted to the fundraising committee to include in the Fundraising report for the board.